Saturday, May 23, 2026

CrossFic Chapters: Revised/Edited Update (5/22/2026)

{Eggmuffin's Workshop {Professor Layton and the New World of Steam PV 6}
How did I ended up edit some of my chapters all started when I needed to copy and paste the chapters from my SQWA account. Thanks goodness SQWA also have the html option to copy and paste from or else I'd have to do the html myself and it'd take me much longer to post the chapters on Neocities. Yes, I know SQWA is using the same open source software as A03, but I was too lazy to find my A03 password in my notebooks. 

So, there were some changes in the chapters: 

Prologue

I added new notes for the Prologue chapter: 

-Blueverse takes place four years after the events of the original Konjiki No Gash!! anime, a year after the events in Professor Layton and the Unwound / Lost Future, and probably a few years after the events in Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Still haven't figure out how to fit this official crossover into BOTH official Professor Layton and Ace Attorney timelines.). In total, it'd take place five years or four years and seven months after the events in ALL canon sources. (I am considering the Konjiki No Gash! Anime as its separate canon from the original source: Konjiki No Gash! Manga when it comes to Suzume's anime portrayal which I do despised thus her portrayal in this crossfic is fanwritten out of spite towards her anime one.) There will also be manga (Konjiki No Gash!!) references as well.

-Matching the Color of Blue aka Blueverse takes place in the setting of the upcoming Professor Layton title, The New World of Steam in a crossover alternate universe where the events of Konjiki No Gash!! (the Mamonos still exist in Blueverse as humans but they are irrelevant to the story plot.) did not happened, but the events in Professor Layton (From both the Prequel and Original Trilogy) and Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright did. Since I started Blueverse prenaturely using latest NWOS infomation from the TGS Switch/Switch 2 demos and the PVs, things may not be the same as the canon events in the final version of Professor Layton and the New World of Steam when the game finally comes out (Who knows when, knowing Level 5.) Again, this is a crossover AU fanfiction so anything goes on in the NWOS canon source is irrelevant to Blueverse. 

--Suzume's birthday is May 5th and Kiyomaro's birthday is September 18th. It was never known who was born first, but canonically they were in the same school year. The Japanese school system complicated the school years and ages. So, for the sake of what the crossfic summary says, I'd like to think Suzume was born three months before Kiyomaro. I might do a revision and changed her age back to 18 in the future; she'd still be a university student since the requirement age for a university student is 18 anyway.

-Suzume's mother did appeared in the original Konjiki No Gash! anime (Episode 90) and the manga (Chapter 257 and Gash & Suzume four panel comic in volume 17) but she was unnamed so I named Suzume's mother as Takara. Suzume's father is pretty much absent in the canon source so he is pretty much a Konjiki No Gash! OC of mine (I named Suzume's father as Tetsuya). Daichi, Emi and Kaito are OCs as well.

-Why Steam Bison in Massachusetts? I got the idea from a Professor Layton discord server. Credited to the person who came up with the idea. In real life, there is Boston in Massachusetts and Bison is a play word for Boston, acccording to the person from the discord server, so yeah.

Chapter 1 (Puzzle I)

-Hotel Picarat is now known as Hotel Picarat cuz the name looks incomplete without the T. Wait, how did I even get the name from? Well, right here in a screenshot from NWOS PV 4. 

Chapter 2 (Puzzle II)

-Eastern Steam Bison is based on the first Steam Bison area from the first NWOS Teaser. This area may or may not be important in the future chapters. For now, think of it as a hangout for thugs, troublemakers and criminals in Blueverse. 

Chapter 4 (Puzzle IV)

-I revised the description of Shion Hibiki's appearance in Blueverse.  

Original: 

"Shion was wearing a cute pink flower hairpin on her left bang. She wore a pink and yellow shirt with light blue shorts. Shion's footwear was white tennis shoes with pink laces and white socks. She was carrying a yellow shopping bag." 

Revise: 

"Shion was wearing a cute dark pink flower hairpin on her left bang. She wore a white blouse with light brown skirt. Shion's footwear was white tennis shoes with brown laces and white socks. She was carrying a tan-colored shopping bag." 

The original one was too similar to Shion's anime appearance in the original Konjiki No Gash!! anime. Shion would be 18 or 19 year old in Blueverse. I doubt she'd wear the same clothes from her early teen years. Ehh. I forgot to add she wore a long skirt. Again, if she was wearing a short skirt, I would have mention she wore a mini skirt. I need to revise her appearance once again.

FanFiction.Net, A03, DeviantART, Quotev and WattPad

I will be updating the chapters with the revision ones on the sites little by little. Sometimes, I do wonder why I keep uploading my fanfics on FanFiction.Net, a fanfic site that is so outdated. Ehh. 

Future Rewrite

Once the final version of Professor Layton and the New World of Steam comes at the end of this year (Hopefully, Level 5 does NOT delay the game for the second time despite they did say the game was almost done and they're focusing on localization now since the Japanese voice acting was already completed.), I probably going to rewrite blueverse from the beginning. 

Or may I'd just keep Blueverse as the way it is. I ain't getting younger, after all.




No comments:

Post a Comment